You can send your story to all users who are subscribed to stories, or just a specific group of users that you define by creating a segment.
User segments are defined by one or more filters that match the user data you have stored via actions or scripts. Each additional filter combines to make your segment more specific: if you add one filter for users whose resident country is Australia, and another filter for users whose favourite flavour is pistachio, your audience segment will be only people who both live in Australia and love pistachio.
To create an audience segment:
- Open the story you want to use an audience segment for.
- Toggle the Send to all subscribed audience option off.
- In the drop-down, click Create a segment.
- Type a Name to describe your segment.
Your users will never see the segment name.
- Click +Filter.
- In the User Field, type the name of the data field you want to use.
This can be any user data you have stored via a script or action. Make sure the capitalisation and spelling match.
- Type the Value to compare against the user's data field.
Users will only be included in the segment if their user data matches this value.
- If you want to make your segment more specific, click +Filter to add another filter.
- When you've added all your filters, click Save.