A Media message is an image or video that is hosted on Facebook, combined with an optional button. Media messages are currently only supported on Facebook Messenger.
For best results, make sure your image or video fits the recommended dimensions.
- Click the Media message type to add a media message to the passage, then configure your message.
- Drag the handles on the left to re-order the passage content.
- Click + Button to add a button to the message.
- Click the delete icon next to the media bubble to delete it.
Media buttons can also perform actions when a user presses them, such as storing data, scheduling event notifications and running scripts.
Configure a media message
To configure a media message:
- Click the image placeholder in the media message and click Config.
- Select the Media Type of Image (including animated GIFs) or Video.
- Add the Facebook URL of the image or video.
- Click Save.
For best results, use:
- A 16:9 (landscape) or 9:16 (portrait) format ratio.
- 720p or 1080p resolution.
- H.264 codec with mp4 file extension.
To ensure your video loads quickly for your users, make sure the file is a sensible size for the video's length. For Facebook Messenger chatbot channels, you can upload your video to the Creative Studio in your organisation's Facebook page for faster video loading.
What if my image isn't square?
You can still use an image that isn't square. Wide images display better than tall images.
Keep your ratio under 1:2. That is, the width of the image should be less than double the height, or the sides of the image will be cropped. The same applies for tall images: if the height of the image is more than double the width, the top and bottom of the image will be cropped.