To start your integration with Genesys, you must create an OAuth client in your Genesys MyPureCloud Administrator account. You'll need to contact inGenious AI Support with the OAuth client details so they can do some internal setup, but you can continue with your integration steps while you're waiting.
Create an OAuth client
Genesys Open Messaging requires an "OAuth client" to act as your inGenious AI chatbot's credentials. To create an OAuth client:
- Log in to your Genesys MyPureCloud administrator account.
- Choose the Collaborate view.
- Click Admin in the top navigation bar.
- Under the Integrations group, click OAuth.
Tip: Use the search bar if you can't find OAuth.
- Click ⊕ Add Client.
- Type a Name and Description to identify this client as your inGenious AI chatbot client.
- Under Grant Types, select Client Credentials.
A Roles tab appears at the top of the screen.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Create a role that grants the scopes of messaging and conversations.
Give it a name and description to identify it as your inGenious AI chatbot.
- Click Save.
- Keep this window open for the next step.
Contact inGenious Support
Once you have created your OAuth client, inGenious support need to do some internal setup. You'll need to send them some information about your OAuth client for them to complete the integration:
- In a new tab, go to the inGenious AI Support Portal, and open a ticket.
- Request a Genesys connection in the support ticket. You will need to provide:
- The Client ID: copy the clientid attribute from your OAuth client.
- The Client Secret: copy the clientsecret attribute from your OAuth client.
- The URL of your MyPureCloud account.
The URL is only used to determine what region your MyPureCloud is located in.
- Submit the ticket.
inGenious AI support will contact you with an Integration ID once the internal setup is complete. In the meantime, you can continue the integration steps.