Make sure you have connected inGenious AI to your Facebook page.
If you want a person or another service to be able to take over the chat and talk to the user, you need to:
- Configure the primary and secondary receivers for the Facebook page.
- Enable handover in the Meta channel for your inGenious AI chatbot.
Let's look at those steps in detail:
- In your Facebook Page, click Settings in the left menu.
- Click Advanced Messaging.
Your inGenious AI chatbot should appear under Connected Apps.
- Under App Settings, click Configure.
- Select your inGenious AI chatbot as the Primary receiver.
- For the Secondary Receiver, select either:
- Page Inbox to allow a person to chat using the Facebook Page inbox.
- Another service to send the chat to.
- Click the x in the top right to close the window. Your changes are automatically saved.
- In your inGenious AI platform, open the team and chatbot you want to integrate, and click Manage.
- Click Channels, and click the Meta Messenger channel.
- Click Enable Handover.
For more help setting up your Facebook App, see the Facebook Developer Documentation.
For more information on allowing handover in Facebook Messenger, see the Handover Protocol in the Facebook Developer Platform Documentation.