Create a multi-value constant to be a placeholder for information you want to use throughout your chatbot, but that might change frequently. You can create several optional values for the constant and select one of them to be the current value. In your chatbot content, you'll see the placeholder chip with the constant's name, but when your chatbot sends its message content, it replaces the chip with the constant's current value. You can add as many value options for a constant as you need.
For example, if your facilities are closed during inclement weather, you could create a constant with one value to use when the facilities are open, and another value to use when the facilities are closed. When you need to change the value, select the new value for the constant and then publish the change to your chatbot.
Create a constant
- Open the team and chatbot you want to work with.
- Click Constants in the left navigation.
- Click + Constant.
- Type a name for your constant.
You'll use this name to add the constant to your chatbot content. Keep it short but descriptive. You can change this name later if you need to.
- Click Create.
- In the Value field, type the first value option for this constant.
- Click the menu to the right of the value.
- Click Enable multiple values.
- Click +Value.
- In the new Value field, type the second value option for this constant.
- Click Save.