You can specify parameters for your script to use so it's easier for content-creators to make simple updates to scripts, such as changing business operating hours. Parameters can be made available:
- To individual scripts by adding them to the script's configuration. Values for these parameters are defined separately each time the script is configured in a passage.
- To all scripts by adding them in your chatbot settings. Values for these parameters are defined only once and shared by all scripts.
To add a parameters to an individual script:
- Select your team and chatbot.
- In the Create menu, click Scripts.
- Click the script you want to add parameters to.
- In the Paramters section, click + Parameter.
- Type the Name of the parameter.
This is the variable name used in the script.
- Add a Description to help your content creators understand how to use the parameter.
- A brief explanation of the parameter, if it might not be clear from the name.
- An example of how to correctly format the value.
- If the parameter is optional, select the Optional checkbox.
Otherwise, the content creator must configure a value here when they add the script to a passage.
- Click Save.
Article is closed for comments.