Make sure you have:
- Connected inGenious AI to your Facebook page.
To finish connecting Facebook Messenger, configure the settings in inGenious AI for your Facebook Messenger chatbot:
- Configure the greeting and persistent menu options
- Whitelist script and webview domains
- Customise your chatbot avatar
Remember to click Save when you've finished.
Configure your Greetings Message and Persistent Menu
The Greetings Message is sent when users interact with your chatbot on Facebook for the first time. Write a short message to welcome a new user and tell them how to get started.
The Persistent Menu is displayed at the bottom of the Facebook chat window. You can create menu buttons that open a website or send the chatbot to a specific passage. Click a menu button to edit the text, change what it does, or delete it.
If you want to add emojis to your message or buttons, you can search for the emoji you want to use on https://emojifinder.com and paste it in.
Whitelist script and webview domains in inGenious AI
If your scripts or webviews call any domains outside of the provided libraries, you need to add them to Facebook’s whitelist so Facebook will allow the call.
Paste each domain your chatbot will use on a new line.
Customise your chatbot avatar
If you want to present a custom avatar in Facebook Messenger, toggle Customise Chatbot Avatar on, and:
- Select the image you want to use either by URL or your chatbot media library.
- Type the profile name you want displayed in Facebook Messenger.