A Facebook One-Time Notification Request allows the user to opt-in to receive one message about a topic outside the usual 24-hour messaging window.
Only Facebook Messenger supports Facebook One-Time Notifications.
Facebook Messenger has strict rules about how a one-time notification request is displayed to a user. You can edit the bolded text at the top of the bubble (limited to 65 characters), but the text on the notification body and the button must remain the same.
To add a one-time notification request to your passage:
- Click the FB OTN Request message type.
- Edit the Get Notified text to describe what your notification will be about.
- Click the Notify Me button, and click Config.
- Type the Notification Topic of the notification.
This must match the Topic you specify when creating the Story that will send the notification, including spelling, capitalisation and punctuation. See Facebook One-Time Notifications.
- Select the conversation and passage the chatbot should go to once the user has opted-in to receive the notification.
- Click Save.
You can also add actions to the Notify Me button.