Create a story in your chatbot to send your users a broadcast. The story contains both the conversation flow you want to send the user, and configurations that control how the broadcast is sent.
Check your channel's terms and conditions
Most messaging platforms have strict rules about what types of messages you can broadcast to users and when. Check the terms and conditions of your connected channels carefully.
To create a new story:
- Open the team and chatbot you want to create the story for.
- Click Stories.
- Click + Story.
- Give the story a descriptive name.
This name appears on the story card, but is not displayed to users.
- Select the story's Purpose.
There are different rules for different types of broadcasts. Some types of broadcasts can only be sent within the 24-hour messaging window, others require the user to have performed a specific action, such as making a purchase or registering for an event.
- If you want to send the story without an alert sound or vibration, toggle on Silent Push.
The story message will still appear in the user's notification screen.
- If you want the story to only display the first message in the user's notifications, toggle on Show first message only.
If the story consists of several messages, only the first message is shown in the user's notification screen. The user still receives all messages.
- Select whether you want to use a Facebook One-time Notification.
- Select whether to send the story to all subscribed users, or only users who match an audience segment.