Create a One-Off Broadcast in your chatbot to send your users a time-sensitive message.
One-Off Broadcasts don't require your chatbot users to be subscribed to a Topic, but they have strict rules about what types of messages you can Broadcast to users and when. Check the terms and conditions of your connected channels carefully. If you want to Broadcast something that does not fit within these rules, consider a One-Time Broadcast instead.
The One-Off Broadcast contains both the conversation flow you want to send the user, and configurations that control how the Broadcast is sent.
To create a new One-Off Broadcast:
- Open the team and chatbot you want to create the Broadcast for.
- Click Broadcasts.
- Click One-Off.
All one-off broadcasts go in this topic. You can't create another One-Off Broadcast topic.
- Click + Broadcast.
- Click the new Broadcast to open it.
- Give the Broadcast a descriptive name.
This name is not displayed to users.
- Select the Broadcast's Purpose.
There are different rules for different types of Broadcasts. Some types of Broadcasts can only be sent within the 24-hour messaging window, others require the user to have performed a specific action, such as making a purchase or registering for an event.
- If you want to send the Broadcast without an alert sound or vibration, tick Silent Push.
The Broadcast message will still appear on the user's notification screen.
- If you want the Broadcast to only display the first message in the user's notifications, tick Show first message only.
If the Broadcast consists of several messages, only the first message is shown on the user's notification screen. The user still receives all messages.
- Select whether to send the story to all subscribed users, or only users who match an Audience Segment.
- Click Save.
You can now:
Article is closed for comments.